Highest Grossing Films of All Time List, Dangal Becomes the 5th Biggest Non-Hollywood Blockbuster Ever.
Indian films have never been on the list of all-time highest grossing films in the world, in 2014 Rajkumar Hirani’s Aamir Khan starrer sci-fi satire PK made over $120 Million USD worldwide and crossed the coveted $100 million mark for the first time. It took over 101 years for any Indian film to achieve that milestone earlier another Aamir Khan film Dhoom:3 came close to the mark but missed it narrowly. Nobody ever thought that just two years later 2 Indian films back to back will gross over $200 million mark and not only that but $250 million too.
This year first Bahubali: The conclusion crossed $250 million and then Dangal went past it to make $296 million USD by defeating many big Hollywood films at the Chinese box office and both films are still running, in all probability, the latter will make over $300 million. Both these films have made our country proud in fact Dangal has emerged as the 5th highest grossing Non-Hollywood film of all time which is something we never even dreamt of in the past.
Here is the List of Top Non-Hollywood films of all time;
1. The Mermaid (2016) – A Chinese film which made $554 million USD
2. The Intouchables (2011) – A French film which made $427 million USD
3. Monster Hunt (2015) – A Chinese film which made $385 million USD
4. Your Name (2016) – A Japnese animated film which made $354 million USD
5. Dangal (2016) – An Indian film which made $296 million USD and still running
With time and quality in filmmaking, Indian cinema is moving ahead strongly on the world stage but still, we need to walk a long way to compete with Hollywood at all the levels.
Look at the list of Highest grossing Hollywood films of all time to get amazed by their success.
1. Avatar (2009) – $2788 Million USD
2. Titanic (1997) – $2187 Million USD
3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) – $2068 Million USD
4. Jurassic World (2015) – $1672 Million USD
5. The Avengers (2012) – $1519 Million USD