Latest posts by Shawn Kalon (see all)
- Preview: Soorma – The Greatest Comeback Story of the Hockey Legend Sandeep Singh, starring Diljit Dosanjh and Taapsee Pannu hits the theatres today. - 13/07/2018
- UFC 226: Daniel Cormier is the Undisputed Dual Champion. - 11/07/2018
- Preview: The much awaited Rajkumar Hirani’s Sanju will hit the theaters tomorrow. - 28/06/2018
Opinion: Google Pixel 2 XL – Almost there or do the Makers Care?
Google pixel 2 XL
At last one of the most anticipated products can be in your grip but does it have enough to satisfy your instincts.
Let’s first go to the disappointments in the bigger version of it which we are giving our opinion upon on the Pros and cons, yes it’s important to know first the things company could have done better but didn’t bother?
1. At a price of 73000+ (even more than a USA ticket) the makers could have at least given the Edge To Edge DISPLAY experience to the consumers as this is available in even those who are less than half the price leave aside the high-end CORNING GORILLA GLASS 5 devices.
2. NO MEMORY CARD Slot is like cruel and why on earth was it done God knows or CLOUD where unlimited storage facility is promised.
3. NO 3.5mm AUDIO JACK, it seems Jack had a great fall in recent times and though it’s almost a necessity for many and part of their body regime.
Now for the Pros which are quite a few which may till it as one of the most favorable devices but that only time will tell.
1. CAMERA is one the best even can be mentioned as the best if the combination of Still and Video photography is taken into account solely based on DXO which is a smartphones camera rating.
What refreshing is GOOGLE has shunned gimmicks and it’s plain and simple SINGLE LENS and a second to none experience both in the 12MP REAR and 8MP FRONT.
2. The PROCESSOR is expectedly OCTA CORE Snapdragon 835 and that’s the way it should be to handle anything that’s everything and with 4GB RAM it’s more than enough.
3. BATTERY needs a special mention as unlike many here it’s more than a relief as 3520mAh is needed which lasts a full day with ease.
4. Since it’s baby straight from ANDROIDS MOTHER then it’s but natural would be the first one to receive all the updates unlike for others when it takes ages.
5. Though there is lack of EDGE still this beast with 6INCH SCREEN with 175 grams and 64 GB and 128 GB variants in totality is premium.
Finally is it worthy – If optics and battery are your main focus then there is nothing better than this but if looks are your criteria and infinity DISPLAY your in-house cinema then there are other options too. Had it been satisfying your edges it could have been a total package like NOTE 8.
NOTE – The way pricing is being done of many a devices BALANCE is paramount and it’s still not being achieved.